Here's a simple recipe that tastes like you've been slaving over a hot stove for hours. Don't like Brussels sprouts? You probably will after you taste these! One taster called these "hot little balls of creamy yumminess"... who wouldn't love veggies when they taste like that?
Brussels Sprouts Gratin
Preheat oven to 425F. Oil a 9x13 baking dish.
2 lb Brussels sprouts, halved
2 Tbsp butter, melted
3/4 tsp salt
Pepper, to taste
Spread evenly in the baking dish (or to save on washing, mix them in the baking dish).
Bake 15 minutes, stir, and cook 15 minutes more. They should now be tender and browning in spots.
Pour over the Brussels sprouts:
1 cup heavy cream
Bake 10 minutes.
While this bakes, mix together in a small bowl:
1 cup Panko
1 Tbsp butter, melted
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 cup grated Gruyere cheese
Spread the mix over the Brussels sprouts.
Set the oven to broil (500 F)
Cook for about 3 minutes, until the topping is deep golden brown. Watch it carefully, it can go from undercooked to burnt very quickly!
This recipe serves 5 as a hearty lunch, or 8 as a side.
Post a Comment
You are invited to join the conversation!
Please keep the following in mind when posting your comments:
- You do not need to register to comment
- You may comment anonymously
- You may post questions, and I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.
- You may disagree. But please do so respectfully.
- I reserve the right to delete inappropriate or rude comments.
- You are the sole owner of your comments.
- You grant me license to publish your comments in another venue, royalty free and without limitations, including in a blog, book, video, or presentation.