Feeding a horse is simple, right? They eat grass.
Well, yes. But also, no. There are many, many things to know about horse nutrition, and especially when you’re feeding an adventure horse.
Rule #1: Don’t forget to pack some apples.
Listen weekly as Meredith and Apollo share about their multi-year 48-state journey (The Centauride), talk with interesting guests, and discuss the realities of domestic abuse.
Or find us on your favorite streaming app.
What to Listen For:
00:25 Introduction to the episode
01:25 Horses eat grass, how complicated could it be?
02:56 Proper horse nutrition is very important
04:52 The big problem of feeding Apollo during our journey
06:50 Why horses (usually) can’t change their diet from day to day…
14:32 … except Apollo does! (and why he’s just fine)
20:50 Apollo’s breakfast and dinner recipe
27:33 Treat time (do you know what a carrot sounds like?)
29:52 Adventure horses cannot be picky eaters
31:47 Closing statements
32:51 End of episode
Follow Our Adventure:
Support This Podcast:
Sponsor inquires welcome!
Post a Comment
You are invited to join the conversation!
Please keep the following in mind when posting your comments:
- You do not need to register to comment
- You may comment anonymously
- You may post questions, and I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.
- You may disagree. But please do so respectfully.
- I reserve the right to delete inappropriate or rude comments.
- You are the sole owner of your comments.
- You grant me license to publish your comments in another venue, royalty free and without limitations, including in a blog, book, video, or presentation.