Getting Apollo ready for the Centauride is not quite the same as regular horse training. While he does need to know and be able to do all the same things a trail horse or a pleasure horse, he also has to be accustomed to things that most horses don't have to deal with.
Llamas, cows, and other animals
Kids and crowds, including baby strollers
Traffic, including honking, fast cars with little space, and semi trucks
He is also learning how to wear hobbles, picket-line, and other backcountry skills.
Fortunately, he already is used to loose dogs running at him and under his feet, as well as cats and chickens. No, chickens aren't scary animals, but try to tell that to a horse that's never seen one!
Post a Comment
You are invited to join the conversation!
Please keep the following in mind when posting your comments:
- You do not need to register to comment
- You may comment anonymously
- You may post questions, and I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion.
- You may disagree. But please do so respectfully.
- I reserve the right to delete inappropriate or rude comments.
- You are the sole owner of your comments.
- You grant me license to publish your comments in another venue, royalty free and without limitations, including in a blog, book, video, or presentation.